Routine oil changes are a must if you drive a vehicle with a gas engine. Have you ever thought about the type of oil that your car uses? If you’ve ever changed your oil yourself, you’ve likely seen two different types of oil at the store: synthetic and conventional. Synthetic motor oil provides a wide range of benefits that you may not be aware of. Let’s go over a few of the reasons why so many drivers choose synthetic oil for their vehicles.
What Is Synthetic Motor Oil?
The main difference between synthetic and conventional motor oil is that synthetic oil is man-made, while conventional oil is made from crude oil. Since synthetic oil consists of carefully engineered ingredients, it’s known to be more effective than conventional oil. Synthetic motor oil is designed to provide enhanced lubrication and protection for your engine.
Is Synthetic Oil Better Than Conventional Oil?
Many technicians agree that synthetic motor oil is the best choice for most vehicles. So, what are the benefits of choosing synthetic oil over conventional oil? Here are a few of the perks of using synthetic oil in a vehicle:
- It keeps your engine clean and lubricated: Synthetic oil is more likely to prevent a buildup of sludge while keeping your engine lubricated.
- It tolerates extreme weather conditions: Whether it gets very cold or hot where you live, synthetic oil is more likely to keep your engine at the appropriate temperature.
- It lasts longer than conventional oil: Most vehicles need synthetic oil changes less often than conventional oil changes.
- It’s better for the environment: Reduced emissions, less frequent oil changes, and a higher MPG are all ways synthetic oil contributes to a greener environment.
- Better fuel economy: Since synthetic oil is more efficient, it improves a vehicle’s fuel economy.
If you drive a commercial vehicle or a model with a turbocharged engine, synthetic motor oil is even more beneficial.
How Often Do You Need a Synthetic Oil Change?
While some vehicles need a synthetic oil change every 5,000 miles, others will only need one every 15,000 miles. As you can see, there is a big gap between these two recommendations, so it’s important to check your owner’s manual to see how often your model needs its oil changed. When you visit a service center for your oil changes, a technician will ensure that your vehicle receives the correct amount and type of oil.
Schedule an Oil Change at Bob Moore Ford Commercial
Would you like to schedule a full synthetic oil change for your vehicle near Edmond, Norman, and Oklahoma City? Our highly trained technicians at Bob Moore Ford Commercial can help you improve your vehicle’s performance through routine synthetic oil changes at our location in Moore, OK. Call or visit our service department today to learn more about improving your commercial vehicle through quality service.
Want to enhance your commercial vehicles for your HVAC or plumbing business? Call or visit Bob Moore Ford Commercial to learn more about the benefits of synthetic oil changes.