Commercial Battery Service in Oklahoma City
You rely on your battery every time you go outside and start the engine of your Ford to go to work or to a customer’s location. Because you depend on it, you need regular battery service to ensure you can get to those jobs in Edmond, Norman, and Oklahoma City. Have your battery serviced at Bob Moore Ford Commercial.
When Should You Replace Your Truck Battery?
Your battery will show signs that it is getting near the end of its life. It’s important to notice these indications and get your vehicle in for service. Warning signs that your battery is about to die include:
· It takes longer for the engine to turn over and start.
· The battery may need jumping before the engine will start.
· Headlights dim when starting the vehicle.
· You notice interruptions in power for the lights or other accessories.
Have your battery checked if you notice any of these signs. The cables or connections may need to be cleaned, tightened, or replaced. Corrosion can develop around the battery terminals, which can prevent the battery from having a good connection. If you have an older battery and the terminals are clean, it’s probably time for a new battery.
How Long a Battery Can Last
Batteries generally last for three to five years. However, the life of your battery will depend on several factors. These factors can include:
· Hot climates which make the battery work harder. Liquids evaporate faster inside the battery with the hotter temperatures.
· Continual vibrations from the vehicle may cause the clamps on the battery to loosen. With the excess vibrations, the interior components of the battery may wear out faster.
· If you have to jump your battery, it will reduce the lifespan. Each time you jump it, the battery’s life is lowered.
Care for your battery as recommended by the manufacturer in your owner’s manual.
Maintain and Replace Your Battery at Bob Moore Ford Commercial
Your vehicle’s battery is one of the lowest maintenance items. However, that doesn’t mean you can totally ignore it. It’s a good idea to have your battery tested at least once a year by a service technician. They can let you know how much life is left in your battery, so you can plan for replacement. They will also clean the terminals off to help them connect better.
Once your battery needs to be replaced, you can visit our parts department to find a new battery within your budget. Choose one based on the length of warranty or the price to ensure your vehicle continues to start every time you need it. We carry a large selection of batteries in different brands to fit all Ford vehicles.
Keep your Ford vehicle providing reliable transportation for your job with regular battery service at Bob Moore Ford Commercial. Come in and have your battery tested or get it replaced with a new battery. Schedule service online, give us a call, or just stop by the next time you need battery service.